Link Financial Group Ltd trading as Mortgage Link and Insurance Link is the Financial Advice Provider.
You can contact us at:
Phone: 0800 466 784
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: 1/1 Antares Place, Rosedale, Auckland
Nature and scope of advice
Colbert Cooper Financial Services Ltd advisers provide advice about:
- Mortgages and personal lending
- Determining how much you can afford to borrow to purchase a property (within lenders affordability guidelines).
- Selecting an appropriate lender and mortgage structure.
- How to structure your repayments to pay off your mortgage sooner
- Structuring and refixing your current lending.
We provide advice in relation to the following lending products:
- Personal Loans
- Tops ups
- Fixed rate rollovers
- Debt consolidation
- Business loans
Colbert Cooper Financial Services Ltd provides financial advice and investment planning services relating to the following financial products:
- KiwiSaver, superannuation and investment products:
- NZ Funds Advised Portfolio Service
- NZ Funds KiwiSaver Scheme
- NZ Funds Managed Superannuation Service
- NZ Funds Wealth Builder
- NZ Funds Income Generator
- BNZ Client Fund Service Term Investments
Colbert Cooper Financial Services Ltd does not generally provide financial advice on products not listed above. However, some clients may have investments in other financial products. Where this is the case, we may provide advice on those products as part of providing financial advice to these clients.
Fees and expenses
Mortgage and lending planning fee
- Colbert Cooper Financial Services Ltd advisers are usually remunerated by way of commission, by the providers of the loan products we recommend. On occasion, some providers may not pay a commission. In this situation, we will charge a fee for our advice. The fee payable will be a reflection of the time required to obtain a loan approval for you. Where a fee will be payable for the advice, your Colbert Cooper Financial Services Ltd adviser will agree the amount of the fee with you prior to obtaining a lending approval. This fee can be added to your loan amount and will be paid to Colbert Cooper Financial Services Ltd at the time your loan is advanced.
- Where a Colbert Cooper Financial Services Ltd adviser has obtained an approval from a lender who does pay commission, but you decide not to proceed with the loan, a fee of up to $1000 will be payable as remuneration for the time spent on getting an approval. This fee is payable within 7 days of you deciding not to proceed with an approval.
Mortgage and lending service fee
- Should you proceed with a loan implementation after advice from your Colbert Cooper Financial Services Ltd adviser, and then repay or refinance your loan within two years of your loan being advanced, without giving your Colbert Cooper Financial Services Ltd adviser the opportunity to assist you with a refinance, Colbert Cooper Financial Services Ltd may charge you a fee of up to $1500.
Financial Advice and Investment Planning Fees
Colbert Cooper Financial Services Ltd may charge the following fees for financial advice:
- an initial advice fee for the time involved in meeting a client, obtaining all necessary information, and preparing and presenting a financial strategy;
- an ongoing financial advice fee for the provision of ongoing financial advice services; and
- where requested by a client, undertaking a specific assignment, for which an agreed consultancy fee may be charged.
- BNZ Client Fund Service Investment fees are charged as a percentage of the interest earned.
Conflicts of interest
For mortgages and lending, Colbert Cooper Financial Services Ltd and the financial adviser receive commissions from some of the lenders we can provide recommendations for. If you proceed to implement lending with the lender recommended to you, the lender will pay a commission to your financial adviser. The amount of the commission is based on the amount of the lending; specific remuneration will be advised to you when advice is provided.
From time to time, product providers may also reward us for the overall business we provide to them. They may give us tickets to sports events, hampers, or other incentives.
To ensure that our financial advisers prioritise the client’s interests above their own, we follow an advice process that ensures our personalised recommendations are made on the basis of the client’s goals and circumstances, as advised to us. Colbert Cooper Financial Services Ltd financial advisers complete regular training, including how to manage conflicts of interest. Each adviser has a regular compliance review of their advice process and our compliance programme is reviewed annually by our external compliance adviser.
Disputes and complaints
If you are not satisfied with our financial advice service you can make a complaint by emailing email@example.com, or by calling 06 368 8059. You can also write to us at: P O Box 238, Levin. When we receive a complaint, we will consider it using our internal complaints process:
- We will consider your complaint and let you know how we intend to resolve it. We may need to contact you to get further information about your complaint.
- We aim to resolve complaints within 10 working days of receiving them. If we cannot, we will contact you within that time to let you know we need more time to consider your complaint.
- We will contact you by phone or email to let you know whether we can resolve your complaint and how we propose to do so.
If we cannot resolve your complaint, or you are not satisfied with the way we propose to do so, you can contact Financial Services Complaints Limited (FSCL). FSCL provides a free, independent dispute resolution service that may help investigate or resolve your complaint if we have not been able to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction. You can contact FSCL by phone 0800 347 257 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Colbert Cooper Financial Services Ltd, and anyone who gives financial advice on our behalf, has duties under the Financial Markets Conduct Act 2013 relating to the way that we give advice. We are required to:
- give priority to your interests by taking all reasonable steps to make sure our advice is not materially influenced by our own interests (431K)
- exercise care, diligence, and skill in providing you with advice (431L)
- meet standards of competence, knowledge and skill set by the Code of Professional Conduct for Financial Advice Services (these are designed to make sure that we have the expertise needed to provide you with advice) (431I)
- meet standards of ethical behaviour, conduct and client care set by the Code of Professional Conduct for Financial Advice Services (these are designed to make sure we treat you as we should and give you suitable advice).
This is only a summary of the duties that we have. More information is available by contacting us, or by visiting the Financial Markets Authority website at https://www.fma.govt.nz.